Friday, July 23, 2010

Middle to Front

I am still attempting to get it together. Of course, I started in the middle with the research and now have to go back and think about a project or product, and I know that I am not being a good role model for others. My advice to any readers, few though they may be, Vaughn, in fact, is, "Do as I say and not as I do!" To be perfectly frank, I wouldn't do anything I say, either.

Two of the English teachers I most admire are working on 23Things and are doing such a fantastic job that I am totally eclipsed. In an effort to redeem myself somewhat I am going to work on an author study webquest that one or both of them might be able to adapt for their classrooms.

On another note, completely unrelated, my mother, my sister, and I went to The Chocolate Angel for afternoon tea yesterday. The little tea room was furnished in 1950s style with black and white photos of 50s debs and brides under table-sized glass. Each of us selected a tea--chocolate decadence for my sister, pomegranate for my mother, and I have forgotten what I had, but it wasn't black currant. I am going to have that next time. While the tea brewed, the server brought us each a crystal tray of sandwiches (cucumber, pimiento cheese, chicken salad), a slice of quiche, a brioche and a fruit cup. After that, came the sweets--bite-sized brownies, Italian cream cupcakes, strawberry truffles--so good!

2 comments:

  1. And just where is the Chocolate Angel? I think I want to pay them a visit!

    ReplyDelete