Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here, There, Everywhere, and Everywhere Else


or Thing #1: Access Information
1. Text=too much of the wrong "thing"
Getting back on track is harder than I thought after a few days off! Using Meriwether and Aquabrowser did little to help me, although I was agreeably surprised to find more author biographies in our district catalog than I had even imagined. That is a good thing! Using the search term "author studies" brought up a list of 557 entries in Aquabrowser, but only one looked like a possibility: Author Studies on the Computer by Debby Reum. The word clouds offered, among others, "criticism," "novel," and "guide."

Meriwether gave me 35 hits, none of which I could use. The Glass Castle and Lit were two titles which kept appearing, and that was interesting. Sort of.

I need to let you know, too, that using Ellen and Hopkins or Ellen Hopkins as search terms netted me the titles of her books.

I need a break. I am going to ride the escalator.

No comments:

Post a Comment