Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing #1: Databases, Social Networking Sites, and Visuals



Tried Ebsco's Student Research Center and failed to find any magazine articles about Ellen Hopkins so Maggwire worked better for me there. When I searched the Literary Reference Center, I found book reviews and two full-text articles in the first three pages of results.

Renae reminded me that we are losing Literary Reference Center. I need to find out if the state provides it. I checked on that once upon a time, but I cannot remember what I found out! Am putting that on my list of things to do unless someone takes pity on me and emails me the answer, thus saving me from having to think too hard!

Reminders to self: (1)Teaching Books has resources for Ellen Hopkins, including audio segments from her books. (2)The Library Resources Page has a section devoted to webquests.

A search for "Ellen Hopkins" on delicious gave me 48 bookmarks to consider, one of which is a YouTube video of Hopkins reciting her anti-censorship poem.

Nothing on TeacherLibrarianNing and very little on Texas School Librarians, but I could send out a plea for information and might be successful. Nothing on Discovery Education, either, and no images on FlickrCC.

Break time. See image above for my flock of resources, courtesy of Mike Baird.

No comments:

Post a Comment