Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reflection and Evaluation



Thanks, Pal. I couldn't have done this without your encouragement, leadership, and unstinting kindness. Your tireless efforts on behalf of all of us are very much appreciated.
This is a photo of the silver medal won by Scott Donie at the Barcelona Olympics. His mother kindly brought it to Spanish class so we could all see it and hold it in our hands. Awesome moment. I feel that we L2P3 players have earned something similar, but I don't want to equate it with a real Olympic medal. Maybe ours could be silverplated and made in China.



No more escalators for me. I am in a happy place tapping away!








Analyzing each portion of my project served to rein me in and keep me focused. As you know, I do not think in straight lines but tend to jump around like a hungry flea. I do believe that following a step-by-step format made me aware of how to teach this project so that students will build on the rung of the previous ladder step. It certainly helped me to realize when I had forgotten to do something critical!

I'm not really all that keen on everybody's reading my blog. Some of it is downright pitiful. I hate to be so exposed, but if it makes anyone else feel a bit better about what they're doing, I suppose I can live with it. It does make the process of creating an author webquest using Photostory understandable for someone who has never done it. I like the systematic format of L2P3. I needed the structure.

I plan to share my project and all its life lessons with the English teachers who plan to assign author studies and their students. I believe I can adapt it to other research projects as well. I had wanted to use i-movie, but it was just too much of a learning curve for the short time I had available to work on this project. So--my next immediate multimedia activity will be to make this project using i-movie so the classes can create their author webquest projects using the new Mac laptops! I will add my new struggles to this existing blog. Lucky you....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. It has been a somewhat lonely summer of blogging. I describe myself as a squiggle and think we might be a bit alike. I do things the crazy unorganized way and then streamline. I didn't post to You Tube because I was sure I had borrowed some images illegally but not intentionally. When I looked at other projects I felt inferior in comparison but I still think it was about the process not project. I think my product will improve with practice. Thanks again for commenting. Bigbird.

    ReplyDelete